Built in the first half of the 18th century by the Genoese nobleman Gerolamo Durazzo, Villa Faraggiana represents a remarkable example of the 18th century elegant summer residence from Liguria. The Villa was owned by Durazzo until 1821, the same year it was sold by Marcello Durazzo to the Ligurian nobles Faraggiana who moved to Novara in the mid nineteenth century.
The last owner, Alessandro Faraggiana, a direct descendant of the family, was born in 1876 and died at Albissola Marina on 2nd December 1961, with no heirs. He bequeathed the Villa to the city of Novara with a huge fortune.
Afterwards the Villa was opened to the public to symbolise "the value of the testimony of the custom of an era".
Inside, each room has its clear connotation of art-history:
- in the western wing, the Galleria delle Quattro Stagioni,
- in the eastern wing, it stands the chapel dedicated to Our Lady of Mercy, whose appearance is depicted above the altar in the fresco, dated 1736, by Gio Agostino Ratti, a painter from Savona.
On the main floor is the music room, library, bedroom with prayer-desk and the prestigious gilded furniture of the cabinet maker E.T. Peters, and bedroom decorated with precious polychrome stuccoes from the 18th century, together with the refined canopy bed covered with embroidered silk.
New opening dates with TELEPHONE BOOKING on 019480622 in the morning from 9.00 to 12.00.
Opening in the afternoon from 25 March 2022 to 2 October 2022, from Tuesday to Sunday (the museum may be closed due to incompatible events).
3:15 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. - 5:15 p.m. - 6:15 p.m. - Closed on Mondays
ON 17 APRIL, EASTER SUNDAY, THE VILLA IS CLOSED
The Management reserves the right to close the access or make changes to the visiting hours. On Saturdays and Sundays we recommend calling to confirm the opening.
Possibility of opening for groups and school groups by booking on 019480622 or by email to email@example.com